Brilliant solutions for wrinkles and creases.
Marionette lines are a common concern amongst our patients, and they can be a source of frustration, making patients appear older than they feel.
What are marionette lines?
Marionette lines are vertical creases that extend from the outside corners of your mouth down to the jawline on either side of the chin. These are often deeper and more noticeable than other wrinkles on the face. Deep wrinkles like marionette lines are often sources of concern for our patients, as they are a natural part of aging, but can be a drastic change to your appearance.
Why do marionette lines appear?
These lines are a natural result of aging, deepening with reduced collagen and elastin production. As skin elasticity is depleted, the lines become more pronounced. Genetic factors also play a role, with some patients beginning to form marionette lines at a very young age.
How can I prevent marionette lines on my own?
Some preventative measures can be taken at home with simple lifestyle choices.
- Protecting your skin with a high SPF broad-spectrum mineral sunscreen can help skin maintain its youthful texture, tone, and elasticity. (We have a few favourites in the clinic and our Beauty Nurse® team can help you pick out the best one for your skin type!)
- As with all wrinkles and lines, smoking can have a negative effect on skin tone and texture.
- Sleeping on your back can help prevent the deepening of these lines. Sleeping on your side with your cheek pressed against the pillow can cause deeper lines over time in some patients.
How can I treat my marionette lines?
- Dermal Fillers:Beauty Nurse Majid is skilled in several unique and effective options for dermal fillers that replace and add volume, smooth deep lines and folds, and restore the youthful energy of your face.
- HALO™ Hybrid Fractional Laser:A combination of ablative and non-ablative laser technology targets the skin on multiple levels, smoothing away dulling surface cells and going deep to target scarring and wrinkles with minimal downtime.
- SkinPen® Microneedling:Controlled micro-punctures trigger the body’s natural wound healing process, producing new collagen and elastin. You can also add a PRP treatment to your microneedling procedure to boost the skin’s glow.
- Facelift:Our expert surgeons use advanced techniques to create a refreshed appearance that still looks natural. A facelift can smooth and elevate facial skin without losing the beauty of your natural appearance.
Our highly skilled and experienced Beauty Nurse® team would love to discuss your concerns and find the best solution for your marionette lines.
Now that’s something to smile about!